Zoom announced the availability of two of its latest innovations, Zoom Apps and Zoom Events. Zoom Apps embeds third-party apps, providing a new level of collaboration, productivity, and entertainment. Zoom Events is an all-in-one platform that enables users to create a wide range of interactive and immersive virtual events for the hybrid workforce and beyond.
Zoom Apps expands the offerings of the Zoom app marketplace, which already hosts over 1,500 third-party integrations. Zoom already offers a number of especially helpful apps and is developing many others. Among the popular and useful Zoom apps are:
- Asana: an app enabling the hosting of purposeful meetings with the ability to create action items and define the next steps for joint work. It is also possible to create, edit, and assign tasks without leaving the Zoom meeting.
- Dot Collector: an app that allows everyone in a meeting to share their perspective through real-time feedback and polling. The app fosters more inclusive collaboration, transparency, and meaningful relationships among colleagues.
- Dropbox Spaces: participants in Zoom meetings can now be updated before, during and after meetings by collaborating in real time in a single shared workspace.
- Heads Up!: An enjoyable and funny game created by popular American TV host Ellen DeGeneres. The game is especially suitable for colleagues and friends, and is an enjoyable way to pass time with your coworkers while waiting for meetings to start.
- Wellness That Works: the app developed by wellness company WW helps users move more, eat better and improve their health with notifications to stand and stretch, a hydration tracker, mindset tools, and simple recipes that can be prepared quickly.
Zoom Events is an all-in-one platform that enables businesses to create hybrid virtual experiences. Zoom Events enables businesses to manage and host back-to-back event sessions smoothly, from sales summits, customer events and trade shows to internal events. The platform offers features such as event hubs, dedicated corporate virtual event spaces, customizable registration, and networking through a chat-enabled virtual event lobby.
OnZoom, a consumer-focused Zoom Events solution, helps brands and small businesses reach a consumer audience by creating, hosting, and monetizing events, including fitness and cooking classes, theatrical presentations, and more. OnZoom will remain in beta and serve as a place where small businesses and entrepreneurs can host and publish events in Zoom's public event directory.
"I’m thrilled to see our platform vision expand through Zoom Apps and Zoom Events, as the world embraces hybrid work, empowering the workforce today and into the future," said Eric S. Yuan, founder and CEO of Zoom. "These innovations will enhance the ways in which we connect and collaborate with our colleagues, clients, friends, family members, and others, improving productivity and collaboration while maintaining elements of fun and well-being."